Terms & Policies
Terms & Conditions
Agreement to Terms
- All use and access of the Website and/or App is governed by the Terms below. If you do not accept and agree to be bound by any of these Terms, please exit from the Website and/or App immediately. Continue only if you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms.
- By registering for an Account with us, you confirm that you are 18 years of age or older and fully understand these Terms. We may require at any time that you provide evidence of your age.
- If you are not a Consumer (e.g., you are a Commercial Customer or a Merchant), you confirm that you have authority to bind any business or corporation on whose behalf you use our Website and/or App, and that business or corporation accepts these Terms.
- We may revise these Terms at any time without prior notice by updating this page. You should visit this page regularly to review the Terms and ensure that you are familiar with any changes because they are legally binding on you. We may modify or discontinue any features, services, tools, directories or content that form part of the Website and/or App at any time, with or without notice, and without liability.
- Your continued use of our Website and/or App after any changes to the Terms has been made constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Unless otherwise defined, the definitions and provisions in respect of the interpretation of the following words are as follows:
- "S$" and "Dollars" refers to the lawful currency of Singapore;
- "Account" refers to a registered account with the Website and/or App for the purposes of using and/or accessing the Website and/or App;
- "Affiliates" refer to any persons or entities that directly or indirectly Controls, is Controlled by, or is under common Control with Sproutfore;
- "App" refers to Sproutfore web and mobile applications;
- "AVA" refers to the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore;
- "Commercial Customers" refer to customers purchasing Products on the Website and/or App for business purposes (i.e., businesses, restaurants, hotels etc.);
- "Commercially Reasonable" shall mean reasonable efforts taken in good faith without an unduly or burdensome use or expenditure of time, resources, personnel or money;
- "Consumers" refer to users purchasing Products on the Website and/or App for personal purposes;
- "Consumer Loyalty Points" refer to points accumulated by a Consumer/Commercial Customer after a successful Transaction. Consumer Loyalty Points can be used subsequently to offset (either partially or wholly) the Consumer/Commercial Customers' next purchase at S$0.02 per 1 point;
- "Control" refers to the beneficial ownership of more than 50% of the issued share capital of Sproutfore or the legal power to direct or cause the direction of the general management of the company, and controls, controlled and the expression change of control shall be construed accordingly;
- "Details" include, without limitation, descriptions, details and prices of Products e.g., high resolution images of Products and the stock availability of Products;
- "Featured Company" refers to a Merchant who advertises Products on the Website and/or App;
- "Intellectual Property" refers to source codes, patents, utility models, rights to inventions, copyright and related rights, moral rights, trade-marks and service marks, business names and domain names, rights in get-up, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off or unfair competition, rights in designs, database rights, rights to use, and protect the confidentiality of, confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets), semiconductor topography rights, image rights, rights in personality and similar rights, and all other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications and rights to apply for and be granted, renewals or extensions of, and rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or will subsist now or in the future in any part of the world;
- "Location Fee" refers to the charge make to Consumers/Commercial Customers per Merchant for each Transaction;
- "Log-in Details" refer to information such as email addresses and passwords;
- "Merchants" refer to farmers or retailers (which may be located locally or overseas) selling Products on the Website and/or App;
- "PDPA" refers to the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012);
- "Products" refer to fresh produce and quality supplies sold on the Website and/or App;
- "Promo Codes" refer to discounts offered by Sproutfore;
- "Promotion Items" refer to discounts, rebates and other special offers offered by Merchants directly to Consumers and/or Commercial Customers;
- "Terms" refer to the terms and conditions of the Website and/or App;
- "Transactions" refer to the sale and/or purchase of Products;
- "Transaction Rate" refer to the rate charged to a Merchant by Sproutfore for each Transaction based on the total volume of sales;
- "User" or "Users" refer to Consumers, Commercial Customers and Merchants;
- "Sproutfore", "We", "our" and "us" refer to Sproutfore Pte. Ltd. (UEN No. 201701704K), the operator of the Website and/or App;
- "Website" refers to web pages located under the domain name sproutfore.com; and
- "You" and "your" refer to Consumers, Commercial Customers and Merchants.
We are committed to providing an effective, user-friendly platform for the sale and purchase of Products and Services for our Users on the Website and/or App. In particular, we provide:
- for Consumers and/or Commercial Customers, amongst other features, a one-stop reference of fresh produce and quality supplies with our accessible and easily operational platform which include capabilities to browse a wide variety of Products; and enter into Transactions with other Users; and
- for Merchants, amongst other features, an affordable and easily operational interface to expand one's coverage of Products sales.
- Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions for more information as to the functionalities of the Website and/or App.
- We hereby grant Users a limited, terminable, non-exclusive right to access and use our Website and/or App for the above services.
Access to the App
- Our Website and/or App are currently designed to be accessed and/or used by Users globally. Nevertheless, we do not represent that content available on or through our Website and/or App is appropriate for use or is available in all countries.
- You will need to register for an Account with us in order to utilise our services, access any information related to your Transactions, access your Account information and any other records associated with your use of the Website and/or App.
- You may only register for one Account with us unless we explicitly approve the opening of additional accounts. We may refuse the creation of duplicate accounts for the same User. Where duplicate accounts are detected, we may close or merge these duplicate accounts without notification to you.
- To register for an Account with us, you will be required to provide certain information to us, including information which will subsequently be used by you to log in to the Website and/or App.
Your Log-in Details are confidential and non-transferable. This means that you must take all appropriate steps to safeguard it and must not:
- disclose it to any third party;
- authorise others to use your Account; or
- transfer your Account to any other person or entity.
- We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, cost, expenses, or liabilities arising as a result of or in connection with the wrongful or fraudulent use of your Account. We will never ask you to provide your Log-in Details to us or to a third party. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your Log-in Details and has access to your Account, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com or Sproutfore Customer Support. Any undue delay in notifying us may not only affect the security of your Account but may result in you being responsible for your own losses, financial or otherwise.
Security of the Website and/or App
- Where appropriate, we use available technology to protect the security of communications made through the Website and/or App. However, we do not accept liability for the security, authenticity, integrity or confidentiality of any Transactions and other communications made through the Website and/or App and make no warranties that the Website and/or App is free of infection by viruses or other unauthorised software.
- You should take appropriate steps to keep your information, software and equipment secure.
- For more infocomm security tips, please visit: https://www.csa.gov.sg/gosafeonline/.
Accepted and Prohibited Uses
- You are responsible for transmitting accurate, reliable, complete and up-to-date information to us. We shall not be liable for any losses, damages or liabilities suffered or incurred by you that result from your provision of information that is not accurate, reliable, complete and/or up-to-date.
- We reserve the right to conduct any verifications of any information provided to us, in our absolute discretion, where necessary and appropriate.
You hereby undertake to:
- comply with all applicable local and international laws and regulations in using the Website and/or App and any features, services, tools, directories or content offered on the Website and/or App;
- not use the Website and/or App in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose such as engaging in potentially fraudulent, suspicious or illegal activities and/or transactions such as money laundering activities; stalking or harassing another User of the Website and/or App; act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, bugs, harmful data or any other similar code designed to adversely affect the operation of any software or hardware into the Website and/or App or use the Website and/or App in any manner inconsistent with these Terms;
- not impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the Website and/or App;
- not access or use the Website and/or App in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, disrupt, impair or compromise our systems, databases, servers or security or interfere with other users;
- not collect or harvest any information or data from our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any features, services, tools, directories or content on the Website and/or App;
- not use the Website and/or App in a way that would enable unauthorised third parties to access the Website and/or App contents (such as by deep linking, in-line linking, mirroring, framing, or other similar forms of navigational technology); and
- not reproduce, duplicate, copy, modify, decompile, reverse engineer, create a derivative work of, or re-sell any part of our Website and/or App or any part thereof, unless this is expressly permitted or required by law, or unless specifically authorised by us in writing.
For the avoidance of doubt, you are responsible for transmitting accurate, reliable, complete and up-to-date information and must not transmit any:
- defamatory material of any person or persons;
- obscene and offensive material;
- any sexually explicit material;
- any discriminatory material based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- any other material objectionable in relation to your use of the Website and/or App.
- All products and delivery prices are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax at the prevailing rate. Prices are correct at the time of view on the website and may be subjected to change.
- You acknowledge and agree to carry out a Transaction with us in accordance with these Terms and the instructions set out in the Website and/or App, which may be amended from time to time.
- If we are unable to execute your Transaction, we will notify you of the same and, if possible, inform you of the reasons for such refusal and explain how to remedy the situation.
- We may, in our sole discretion, delay the execution of your request to carry out a Transaction if there is reason to believe that your request to execute a Transaction may involve fraud or misconduct, and/or violates any of these Terms and/or applicable law.
- We will not be liable for any losses, damages or liabilities suffered or incurred by you that result from any delays in executing the Transaction; and/or our inability to execute the Transaction.
- You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to ensure the accuracy of the information and requests you provide to or make of us. We will not be liable for any inaccuracies in the requests we receive from you to execute a Transaction or any direct or indirect consequences arising from such inaccuracies.
- To facilitate the Transaction, our Logistic Partners may assist with the delivery of Products. We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that our deliveries are conducted in compliance with AVA’s standards. We will not be responsible for any guarantees and/or representations made as to delivery times as a result of a Merchant’s delay for any reason or force majeure events or circumstances. Sproutfore reserves the right to use reasonable endeavours to fulfil our delivery to Consumers/Commercial Customers. Consumers/Commercial Customers will be charged a Location Fee of up to S$4.00 per Merchant for each Transaction. We reserve the right to revise the Location Fee from time to time. For more information, please refer to our Delivery Policy for more information.
- Where necessary, you may download and/or print out any relevant or necessary documents evidencing your Transactions on our Website and/or App for your records.
Additional Terms for Consumers/Commercial Customers
- You understand that we are providing a technology platform for you to enter into Transactions with Merchants only. For the avoidance of doubt, we do not have an inventory and all Products purchased through our Website and/or App are Products purchased directly from the Merchants.
- By entering into Transactions with the Merchants, you are authorising and instructing us to execute the same.
- You acknowlegde that cancellation of your Transactions are subjected to our approval.
- You further acknowledge and agree that Transactions cancelled by you or rejected due to inaccuracy of information will be refunded, subjected to an administrative fee of S$3.
- You agree that in the event if you are not able to collect your order on your stated timing, we will leave your order unattended on or in front of your premises. Such delivery shall be at your sole risk and you accept all liability and risk of loss, theft, and damage.
When Promo Codes are provided to you, you acknowledge and understand that:
- Promo Codes are administered solely by us;
- each Promo Code is only eligible for a single use; is issued on a while stocks last basis; and is only valid for the time period specified by us when we give the Promo Codes;
- use of the Promo Code must be indicated at the payment page; and
- we reserve the right to discontinue any Promo Codes at any time without notice or liability.
When Promotion Items are provided to you by the Merchants, you acknowledge and understand that:
- Promotion Items are administered solely by the Merchants;
- each Promotion Item is issued on a while stocks last basis; and is only valid for the time period specified by the Merchant giving the Promotion Item;
- use of the Promotion Item must be indicated at the payment page; and
- the Merchant reserves the right to discontinue any Promotion Item at any time without notice or liability.
- All payments for Products will be made through the payment gateway on our Website and/or App. For the avoidance of doubt, a "cash on delivery" option is not offered on our Website and/or App.
- All refunds for Products will be made through the payment gateway on our Website and/or App. For the avoidance of doubt, a "cash refund" option is not offered on our Website and/or App.
Additional Terms for Merchants
- You acknowledge and understand that, during the registration process for an Account with us, you are responsible for providing us with accurate, reliable, complete and up-to-date information including copies of all certifications (e.g., sustainability certificates, export certificates etc.) and all licences (e.g., licences granted by the AVA etc.) granted in respect of your Products and/or the sale of your Products. You agree to provide us with English translations of your certifications and/or licences should any of the certifications and/or licences not be in the English language.
- You further acknowledge and agree that your ability to enter into a Transaction with another User (i.e., listing your Products for sale on our Website and/or App) is subject to our approval.
- If we have approved your registration for an Account with us, your continued ability to list your Products for sale on our Website and/or App is conditional upon your holding of the required certifications, licences and/or regulatory approvals.
- You acknowledge and agree that a Transaction Rate of 25% for every Transaction will be deducted and paid to us.
- You would be able to upload on our Website and/or App, Details in relation to your Products. You represent and warrant that you are solely responsible for the form, content, accuracy and completeness of the Details provided and uploaded by you onto the Website and/or App.
- When you offer Promotion Items, you acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the administration of the Promotion Items, which includes, limiting the number of Promotion Items and limiting the validity period of the Promotion Items.
Hyperlinks and Third Party Content
- We reserve the right to refer to and provide third party content (e.g., content from a Featured Company) in the Website and/or App.
- We do not warrant and endorse, and are not responsible or liable for the availability or content of any other third party content which are not provided, owned or operated by us, such as any other Internet website linked to or from the Website and/or App. Any link provided on the Website and/or App is solely for your convenience. These links do not constitute endorsements or recommendations. Access to any other Internet site is at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to object to or disable any link or frame to or from the Website and/or App.
- We reserve the right to change the URL of the Website and/or App.
- For the avoidance of doubt, you will not hold us or our service providers liable for any damage or loss of any kind caused as a result (direct or indirect) of the use of any third party website or application, including, but not limited to, any damage or loss suffered as a result of reliance on the contents contained in or available from any such third party website or application.
Ownership of Intellectual Property and Content
- All Intellectual Property and rights in the Website and/or App are protected by law. The Intellectual Property rights in these materials are owned by us or licensed to us by third parties. All rights are expressly reserved. (Sproutfore 2018).
- Apart from any fair dealings for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review, as permitted by law, no part of the Website and/or App may be reproduced or reused for any commercial purposes whatsoever without our prior written permission.
Exclusion / Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we, our Affiliates, and our respective directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors and licensors will not be liable for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, loss of revenue, loss of profits, expenses, claims, liability, costs or otherwise, even if foreseeable, that you may incur or suffer in connection with:
- the use of the Website and/or App;
- any inaccuracy or incompleteness in, or errors or omissions in the information on the Website and/or App;
- you using or relying on any statements, opinion, representation or information on the Website and/or App;
- any delay in operation or transmission, communications failure, difficulties in accessing the Website and/or App or malfunctions in equipment or software; or
- the conduct or the views of any person who accesses or uses the Website and/or App.
- You expressly acknowledge and agree that the use of the Website and/or App is at your sole risk. We provide the Website and/or App on an "as is, as available" basis.
- The accessibility and operation of the Website and/or App relies on systems, databases and technologies outside of our control. While we strive to provide the Website and/or App to you on a continuous basis and will take all Commercially Reasonable efforts to do so, we do not guarantee continuous accessibility or uninterrupted operation of the Website and/or App. We will not be liable to you if, for any reason, access to the Website and/or App is delayed or unavailable for any period of time.
- We may at any time change, suspend, or discontinue the Website and/or App, any of its content, and/or access to part or all of it, for any reason. We may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts or the entire Website and/or App without notice or liability.
- To the extent permitted under law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Website and/or App, or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- We do not give any representations, warranties, guarantees, or any other commitments, or accept any liability, to you in respect of any information provided by you or to other Users of the Website and/or App by us, any of our authorised representatives or third parties.
- Whilst we endeavour to provide you with accurate, complete and up-to-date information on the Website and/or App, errors may occur and we do not guarantee that the information provided will be accurate, complete or up-to-date.
- In view of the foregoing, we will not be liable for and do not accept any responsibility for any reliance by you on the information contained in the Website and/or App.
Cancellation, Suspension and Termination
- If you would like to cancel your Account with us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sproutfore Customer Support.
If you cancel your Account with us or your Account is terminated:
- we will cancel any pending Transactions; and
- we reserve the right (but shall not be obliged) to mark any or all your Account information and any records associated with your use of the Website and/or App as deleted and/or delete such information and records from our webservers and databases.
- After one (1) year of inactivity, we will send you a link for you to acknowledge that you would still like to maintain your Account with us. In the event that we receive no response, we will deactivate and delete all of your information in your Account.
- For the avoidance of doubt, you may not evade any legal proceedings or investigations by cancelling your Account with us or if your Account is terminated by us. You will remain liable for all obligations related to your Account even after the Account is cancelled or terminated.
Failure to comply with these Terms constitutes a material breach and may result in us taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website and/or App;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any material uploaded by you to our Website and/or App;
- issuance of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; and/or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- We will determine, in our reasonable discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Terms through your use of the Website and/or App. When a breach of these Terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- We have the right to disable the access of any User at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms. We will notify you of any suspension or restriction of your Account and of the reasons for such suspension or restriction as soon as we can, unless notifying you would be unlawful or would compromise our reasonable security interests.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these Terms. The responses described in these Terms are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
By using the Website and/or App, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless us and our Affiliates, and our respective directors, officers, employees, Affiliates, agents, contractors and licensors harmless in respect of any claims arising out of:
- your breach of these Terms,
- your use of the Website and/or App, or
- any action taken by us as part of our investigation of a suspected breach of these Terms or as a result of a finding or decision that a breach of these Terms has occurred. This shall include, but not be limited to, our legal costs, expenses and/or damages arising in respect of the abovementioned claims.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations.
- If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing and it will be signed by our authorised representative. Nevertheless, that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- If any provision of these Terms is found to be illegal, void or unenforceable under any law that is applicable hereto or if any court of competent jurisdiction in a final decision so determines, these Terms shall continue in force save that such provision shall be deemed to be deleted.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- The use of the Website and/or App, and the Terms, shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Singapore.
- Any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Terms, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall first be submitted to the Singapore Mediation Centre for resolution by mediation in accordance with the Mediation Procedure of the Singapore Mediation Centre for the time being in force. The parties agree to participate in the mediation in good faith and undertake to abide by the terms of any settlement reached. If parties fail to reach a settlement, the dispute shall be referred to and finally be resolved by the courts of Singapore (which shall also include the Small Claims Tribunal).
Feedback / Contact Us
Please contact us at email@example.com or Sproutfore Customer Support if:
- you wish to provide feedback about the Website and/or App, or its contents;
- you have any queries relating to the use of the Website and/or App or these Terms; or
- you would like to provide us with any notifications pursuant to these Terms.
- We will endeavor, but do not promise, to respond within three (3) days of receiving your query.
Sproutfore Pte. Ltd. (UEN No. 201701704K), the operator of sproutfore.com and the Sproutfore mobile application, is committed to providing an effective, user-friendly platform for the sale and purchase of sustainable organic, chemical free and sustainably farmed foods for our Users. As such, we view it of utmost importance that the personal data of our Website and/or App Users is protected. This Policy sets out the basis on which we collect, use, disclose, store and/or process your personal data for the purposes of your use of our Website and/or App. It applies to personal data in our possession or under our control.
This Policy forms part of our Terms. If you do not accept any of the terms in this Policy, please exit from the Website and/or App immediately. Continue only if you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms.
- We collect various types of information, including personal data, through our Website and/or App, and when you provide us with information on the Website and/or App.
- "Personal data", as used in this Policy, has the same meaning pursuant to section 2 of the PDPA. Some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include: your name, contact number, NRIC/Fin number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, address and email address.
- For the avoidance of doubt, we do not collect or store financial information e.g., credit card or debit card information, on our platform. Payments are made through the payment gateway on our Website and/or App which complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
- When you use the Website and/or App, we may monitor your usage of the Website and/or App and may collect statistical information about your visit. This allows us to estimate usage patterns and improve our Website and/or App to make them more user-friendly, and thereby improve the user experience of our Website and/or App Users.
- Some examples of statistical information that we may collect include: your Transactions using the Website and/or App, your browser, our operating system or device which you use to access the Website and/or App, the frequency of your visits to or use of our Website and/or App, the amount of time that you spend on our Website and/or App, and location data based on your use of the Website and/or App.
- Personal data that you have provided and/or shared with us may be shared and/or disclosed, where necessary and appropriate, with other Users, our Affiliates, partners, service providers, lawyers, auditors, professional advisors and investors and any other third parties acting on behalf of us, so as to facilitate your use of the Website and/or App in an efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by law.
- We may share any aggregated, anonymised information that we collect about you with any third parties for marketing, advertising and other related purposes.
- In this regard, if you have provided consent and choose to share and/or provide your personal data to us and our affiliates for the purposes above, we may share and/or provide such information, where necessary and appropriate (including to countries outside of Singapore). Similarly, in providing the personal data of any individual (other than yourself) to us or choosing to share and/or provide the individual's personal data to us for the purposes above, you warrant that you have obtained consent from such individual to disclose his/her personal data to us and our Affiliates, as well as his/her consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such personal data for the purposes above.
We may also disclose your personal data under the following circumstances:
- if required by any law or pursuant to a court order;
- if we have a good faith belief that we are required to give such disclosure to protect the rights, interests, reputation, property or safety of us and the Website and/or App; or
- to defend or enforce our rights.
We will use personal data which we collect from you for the purposes of operating, and providing services to you on the Website and/or App. This includes, but is not limited to, the following purposes:
- to administer and maintain our Website and/or App;
- to provide you with access to and use of the Website and/or App;
- to administer your Account and related payments and refunds (where applicable);
- to verify your identity and your authority in using our Website and/or App;
- to customise and improve your user experience with our Website and/or App;
- to provide you with updates on the latest changes to our Website and/or App from time to time;
- to communicate, process and/or respond to your enquiries or requests pursuant to your emails and/or submission of form(s) on the Website and/or App;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so;
- to respond and/or investigate any feedback, queries or complaints from you;
- to perform data analytics, research and/or planning and statistical assessments;
- to analyse the usage of the Website and/or App;
- to help us improve the security, quality and content of our Website and/or App; and
- any other purpose permitted by applicable law, or as may be described to you from time to time at the point of collection of your personal data.
- You represent and warrant that all information that you have provided to us is accurate, reliable, complete and up to date. If there are any changes to your personal data, please either update us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or update your personal data by logging into your Account on the Website and/or App.
- You may access, update or change your personal data by logging into your Account on the Website and/or App.
- Subject to applicable laws and regulations, you may have the right to request for access to your personal data that is in our possession or under our control, as well as information about the ways in which such personal data has been or may have been used or disclosed by us. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- Subject to applicable laws and regulations, you may also have the right to request for us to correct your personal data that is in our possession or under our control.
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are secured with appropriate security technologies.
- We may retain your personal data for as long as any purpose for which the personal data was collected continues to apply, or if the retention is necessary for our legal or business purposes, even in circumstances where your Account is inactive, or you have ceased to be a User of our Website and/or App.
- Our Website and/or App may contain links to third party websites or applications, whose personal data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours and for which we are not responsible for and have no way of controlling their collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data. For more information on hyperlinks and third party websites, please refer to our Terms.
- You may withdraw your consent in relation to our collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data for the purposes set out in clause 1.9 above by providing us with seven (7) calendar days' written notice. Please allow us up to one (1) month to process your request for withdrawal.
- The withdrawal of your consent may affect our ability to provide you with the capabilities to carry out any Transactions to varying degrees. Please note that depending on the nature of your withdrawal of consent, we may no longer be able to continue providing you with the capabilities to carry out any Transactions using the Website and/or App. Such situations will be deemed as a cancellation of your Account and the provisions of clause 14 (Cancellation, Suspension and Termination) of the Terms will apply.
- When you use our Website and/or App, we may collect certain information by automated or passive means using a variety of technologies such as cookies (small text files created on a computer or device when its web browser loads a website or web application) or web beacons (a transparent image file used to keep track of one's navigation and behaviour through the Website and/or App).
- We use these technologies across our Website and/or App to enhance your user experience. These technologies that we place on your device may be used to allow us to personalise your online experience, recognise you as a previous visitor, save your user preferences and maintain your login and password information on secure portions of our Website and/or App. We also use these technologies to analyse how Users use our Website and/or App and to monitor the performance of our Website and/or App. For the avoidance of doubt, these technologies do not collect personal data and we do not combine the general information collected through these technologies with other personal data such as to render you identifiable. By using the Website and/or App, you agree that we can place these technologies on your device.
- You have the option of adjusting your browser or device settings to restrict or limit the use of these technologies. However, if you choose to do so, the functionality of the Website and/or App and your user experience may be affected.
Variation of Policy
- We may revise this Policy from time to time without prior notice by updating this page. You should visit this page regularly to ensure that you are familiar with any changes.
- Your continued use of our Website and/or App after any changes to this Policy has been made constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- The use of the Website and/or App and this Policy shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Singapore.
- Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these terms, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall first be submitted to the Singapore Mediation Centre for resolution by mediation in accordance with the Mediation Procedure of the Singapore Mediation Centre for the time being in force. The parties agree to participate in the mediation in good faith and undertake to abide by the terms of any settlement reached. If parties fail to reach a settlement, the dispute shall be referred to and finally be resolved by the courts of Singapore (which shall also include the Small Claims Tribunal).
Feedback / Contact Us
Please contact us at email@example.com or Sproutfore Customer Support if:
- you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures; or
- you require more information on or access to the personal data which you have earlier provided to us.
- While we strive to respond to you as soon as practicable, please note that we may take some time to process your enquiries, requests and/or feedback.
Effective date: 3rd July 2017
Last update: 19th March 2018